Monday, February 14, 2011

Re-orientation

I (Bob) have just returned from the east coast where I attended my father’s “home going” service. In his day my dad was a loving father & husband, a dependable provider, an exuberant friend, a pillar in the church, and an innovative Bible teacher. He was most in his element when preparing Bible lessons or planning a family vacations! He loved the Lord and shared the gospel faithfully. He is now promoted to full-time worshiper at throne of the Lamb! While back east I met people who knew my dad in his younger days, and who spoke of his faithfulness and hard work. My prayer now is for my mother who faithfully served alongside dad for 61 years(!), and who stayed by his side 24/7 during his passing. Specifically, I am praying that she will draw close to the Lord at this time, and will find new purpose and an abundance of serving opportunities.

Now back in my L.A. office, I am once more immersed in my orientation to the mission of World Impact and The Urban Ministry Institute of Los Angeles. Chris and I enjoy the “MOTC” class (Missionary Orientation & Training Course) weekly, and I am sitting on the PRACTICING CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP course as T.A. for one of our excellent course facilitators. During the next quarter (beginning on late March) I will begin teaching my own sections of TUMI classes.

Two priorities seem to be emerging in my work at this early stage: (1) A study of the retention rate of TUMI-LA students, with an investigation into the reasons for student drop out; (2) the need to assist TUMI facilitators with supporting their students who have a range of adult learning challenges.

We continued to be encouraged and humbled by your generous support!

No comments:

Post a Comment